May 23, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
Hart, who missed most of April with an oblique injury, incredibly entered Monday’s action with zero homers and one RBI over his first 76 at-bats this season. He connected for a two-run blast in the first inning, another two-run shot in the fifth — which was also the 100th home run of his career — and a three-run blast in the eighth.
His three homers and seven RBI both tied club records. He’s the first Brewer to go deep three times in a game since Geoff Jenkins during the 2003 season.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)