May 23, 2011, 11:43 PM EST
Hart, who missed most of April with an oblique injury, incredibly entered Monday’s action with zero homers and one RBI over his first 76 at-bats this season. He connected for a two-run blast in the first inning, another two-run shot in the fifth — which was also the 100th home run of his career — and a three-run blast in the eighth.
His three homers and seven RBI both tied club records. He’s the first Brewer to go deep three times in a game since Geoff Jenkins during the 2003 season.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)