May 23, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
Hart, who missed most of April with an oblique injury, incredibly entered Monday’s action with zero homers and one RBI over his first 76 at-bats this season. He connected for a two-run blast in the first inning, another two-run shot in the fifth — which was also the 100th home run of his career — and a three-run blast in the eighth.
His three homers and seven RBI both tied club records. He’s the first Brewer to go deep three times in a game since Geoff Jenkins during the 2003 season.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 16
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)