May 23, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
Hart, who missed most of April with an oblique injury, incredibly entered Monday’s action with zero homers and one RBI over his first 76 at-bats this season. He connected for a two-run blast in the first inning, another two-run shot in the fifth — which was also the 100th home run of his career — and a three-run blast in the eighth.
His three homers and seven RBI both tied club records. He’s the first Brewer to go deep three times in a game since Geoff Jenkins during the 2003 season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)