May 23, 2011, 7:28 PM EST
Bautista now has 18 1/2 homers this season. We’re giving the other half of this one to Yunel Escobar, who had Colon shaking on the mound with his presence in the on-deck circle (though it might have been jiggling, we’re honestly not sure).
That’s because manager John Farrell made a switch today, dropping Escobar from the top of the lineup to fourth as a replacement for Aaron Hill.
Rajai Davis (.298 OBP) and Corey Patterson (.307 OBP) both made outs ahead of Bautista, so the homer was a solo shot. But that’s a small price to pay. It’s not like Bautista is ever going to see anything to hit if there’s guys on base for him.
Escobar (.363 OBP) went on to single with the bases empty and two outs before being stranded.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)