May 23, 2011, 7:28 PM EST
Bautista now has 18 1/2 homers this season. We’re giving the other half of this one to Yunel Escobar, who had Colon shaking on the mound with his presence in the on-deck circle (though it might have been jiggling, we’re honestly not sure).
That’s because manager John Farrell made a switch today, dropping Escobar from the top of the lineup to fourth as a replacement for Aaron Hill.
Rajai Davis (.298 OBP) and Corey Patterson (.307 OBP) both made outs ahead of Bautista, so the homer was a solo shot. But that’s a small price to pay. It’s not like Bautista is ever going to see anything to hit if there’s guys on base for him.
Escobar (.363 OBP) went on to single with the bases empty and two outs before being stranded.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)