May 23, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
OK, maybe the dancing girls were really my daughter and her young friends at their annual dance recital (tiny tutus!) and the bootleg alcohol referred to the Yuengling beer my mother-in-law brought up from West Virginia because they don’t sell it in Ohio yet, but it was still a great weekend around here because of it. Anyway:
- Great news: A suspect has been arrested in the Bryan Stow case.
- Bye-bye Russell Branyan. I always say that we may have seen the last of him whenever he’s released, but then he always turns up someplace and hits 25 homers or something.
- Mark DeRosa’s career is in jeopardy.
- Things are much more serious for Gary Carter. Friends and former teammates speak.
- Word to your moms, Jose Bautista hits bombs.
- Marlon Byrd got hit in the face. And it looks like he’ll be out a while.
- Winning = better attendance. Who’d a thunk it?
- Chase Utley to return today.
- Greg Anderson: Little League coach. What could possibly go wrong?
And into the week we go.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)