May 23, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
OK, maybe the dancing girls were really my daughter and her young friends at their annual dance recital (tiny tutus!) and the bootleg alcohol referred to the Yuengling beer my mother-in-law brought up from West Virginia because they don’t sell it in Ohio yet, but it was still a great weekend around here because of it. Anyway:
- Great news: A suspect has been arrested in the Bryan Stow case.
- Bye-bye Russell Branyan. I always say that we may have seen the last of him whenever he’s released, but then he always turns up someplace and hits 25 homers or something.
- Mark DeRosa’s career is in jeopardy.
- Things are much more serious for Gary Carter. Friends and former teammates speak.
- Word to your moms, Jose Bautista hits bombs.
- Marlon Byrd got hit in the face. And it looks like he’ll be out a while.
- Winning = better attendance. Who’d a thunk it?
- Chase Utley to return today.
- Greg Anderson: Little League coach. What could possibly go wrong?
And into the week we go.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)