May 23, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
OK, maybe the dancing girls were really my daughter and her young friends at their annual dance recital (tiny tutus!) and the bootleg alcohol referred to the Yuengling beer my mother-in-law brought up from West Virginia because they don’t sell it in Ohio yet, but it was still a great weekend around here because of it. Anyway:
- Great news: A suspect has been arrested in the Bryan Stow case.
- Bye-bye Russell Branyan. I always say that we may have seen the last of him whenever he’s released, but then he always turns up someplace and hits 25 homers or something.
- Mark DeRosa’s career is in jeopardy.
- Things are much more serious for Gary Carter. Friends and former teammates speak.
- Word to your moms, Jose Bautista hits bombs.
- Marlon Byrd got hit in the face. And it looks like he’ll be out a while.
- Winning = better attendance. Who’d a thunk it?
- Chase Utley to return today.
- Greg Anderson: Little League coach. What could possibly go wrong?
And into the week we go.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 91
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 138
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 70
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)