May 23, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
OK, maybe the dancing girls were really my daughter and her young friends at their annual dance recital (tiny tutus!) and the bootleg alcohol referred to the Yuengling beer my mother-in-law brought up from West Virginia because they don’t sell it in Ohio yet, but it was still a great weekend around here because of it. Anyway:
- Great news: A suspect has been arrested in the Bryan Stow case.
- Bye-bye Russell Branyan. I always say that we may have seen the last of him whenever he’s released, but then he always turns up someplace and hits 25 homers or something.
- Mark DeRosa’s career is in jeopardy.
- Things are much more serious for Gary Carter. Friends and former teammates speak.
- Word to your moms, Jose Bautista hits bombs.
- Marlon Byrd got hit in the face. And it looks like he’ll be out a while.
- Winning = better attendance. Who’d a thunk it?
- Chase Utley to return today.
- Greg Anderson: Little League coach. What could possibly go wrong?
And into the week we go.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 44
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)