May 23, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
OK, maybe the dancing girls were really my daughter and her young friends at their annual dance recital (tiny tutus!) and the bootleg alcohol referred to the Yuengling beer my mother-in-law brought up from West Virginia because they don’t sell it in Ohio yet, but it was still a great weekend around here because of it. Anyway:
- Great news: A suspect has been arrested in the Bryan Stow case.
- Bye-bye Russell Branyan. I always say that we may have seen the last of him whenever he’s released, but then he always turns up someplace and hits 25 homers or something.
- Mark DeRosa’s career is in jeopardy.
- Things are much more serious for Gary Carter. Friends and former teammates speak.
- Word to your moms, Jose Bautista hits bombs.
- Marlon Byrd got hit in the face. And it looks like he’ll be out a while.
- Winning = better attendance. Who’d a thunk it?
- Chase Utley to return today.
- Greg Anderson: Little League coach. What could possibly go wrong?
And into the week we go.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)