Jose Canseco loves Lady Gaga and “would marry her in a second”

May 23, 2011, 11:51 AM EST

lady-gaga-canseco Getty Images

In the surest sign yet that he’s gone crazy, Jose Canseco took to Twitter yesterday and wrote that he’d marry Lady Gaga “in a second.”

Here’s more late-night tweeting from Canseco:

I love lady gaga wish I could meet her .would marry her in a second

Lady gaga is the truth get use to it

Her song Judas is what we fight with everyday since we are born evil

I am her night in baseball armor

She is the queen

Fantastic.

I actually think they’re perfect for each other, in the same sense that a car going 100 miles per hour and a brick wall are a perfect combination for an accident. Lady Gaga could not be reached for comment, as she was busy being hatched out of an egg.

1. bobwsc - May 23, 2011 at 11:57 AM

are we certain it wasn’t Ozzie posing as Jose?

2. cur68 - May 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Boy post concussion syndrome sure is a mo-fo, eh? I mean that ball that hit Jose on the noggin was way back in May 1993 and he’s still out of it to this day.

Get well soon Jose.

• bobwsc - May 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM

or it could’ve been from the beating Vai Sikahema laid down on him (or Danny Bonaducci).

3. Jonny 5 - May 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM

A meat dress and steroids, a perfect match….

The truly sad part of this is Gaga is out of his league actually.

4. rollinghighwayblues - May 23, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Jesus, Jose. You may really need some professional help, I mean everyones been saying that for years and this is the nail in the coffin. You’d like to marry a women you’ve never met that wears raw meet as a form of ensemble? Jesus….

• bigharold - May 23, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Whats wrong with a meat ensemble?? With a liberal application of seasoning and BBQ sauce, .. what’s not to like??

5. bigharold - May 23, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I see a restraining order in somebody’s immediate future.

Seriously, what makes that knucklehead think that either it was the appropriate to announce his delusional infatuation to the world or that an entertainer who is at the very top of her fame and fortune and talent would be the least bit interested in a washed up has been, with tiny cojones and that is in fact old enough to be her father?

6. uuddlrlrbastart - May 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I think this would work. Lady Gaga is delusional to the point where she thinks she’s 1980s Madonna. And Jose Canseco is delusional to the point where he thinks he’s 1980s Jose Canseco.

7. kcroyal - May 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM

These dudes are perfect for each other.

• bobwsc - May 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM

would that make him “Gentleman Gaga?”

• dodgerbutt - May 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Actually, I think it would make them “Lord and Lady GaGa”

8. APBA Guy - May 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Lady GaGa was actually very entertaining on the season concluding SNL this weekend. What? It’s part of the official “A’s Fan Profile” to still watch stuff nobody else watches. And, yes, I watch on DVR, it’s rarely good enough for a live viewing. Very rarely. Just like an A’s game.

Unfortunately Jose hasn’t been entertaining for 20 years.

• thefalcon123 - May 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Jose is very entertaining, much in the same way the absurd drunk making a complete ass of himself at the party is entertaining. You’d feel sorry for them if they weren’t being so much of a jackass. But it is, very, very entertaining.

9. halladaysbicepts - May 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I’m sure Canseco would like to inject her with some “PED” in the rear. Looking at that picture, I know I would…

10. marshmallowsnake - May 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Yeah, they are both crack pots…I saw the SNL this week with her, and she is just odd. I wonder if she was this odd before stardom? She looks pretty normal here:

11. b7p19 - May 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM

It’s cool Jose. I would too. In the words of one our generations great thinkers (Trace Adkins)…”I’m gonna marry for money.” I just hope she gives me a nice weekly allowance.

12. jamie54 - May 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Why wouldn’t he say that? He needs money, she has it plus notoriety which he’s still seeking, duh.

13. rebarratige - May 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I’m surprised he took the time to use his twitter account for something other than pimping his iPhone app.

14. falstaffsmind - May 23, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Gaga is a persona. You don’t marry a persona.

15. dogsweat1 - May 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Must be the Jose Cuervo………..

16. nesuperfan - May 27, 2011 at 9:14 PM

What would his pitch to her be? “Hey baby, I got TINY nuts, so I won’t knock you up and ruin your career.”

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5848)
  2. M. Kemp (3266)
  3. J. Kang (3244)
  4. C. McGehee (3102)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (3071)
  1. J. Upton (3006)