May 23, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The Nationals have lost seven out of their last 10 games and currently sit in last place in the National League East, but there’s some reason for optimism today.
No really, there is.
First bullpen in the books. Felt great! Hopefully time will speed up now!
Strasburg underwent reconstructive elbow surgery last September after posting a 2.91 ERA over his first 12 major league starts. The 22-year-old right-hander was expected to miss about 12-18 months following the procedure, so there’s only an outside chance he pitches for the Nationals this season. Still, I imagine most Nats fans will be just fine with that if he’s back to full strength in 2012.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)