May 23, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The Nationals have lost seven out of their last 10 games and currently sit in last place in the National League East, but there’s some reason for optimism today.
No really, there is.
First bullpen in the books. Felt great! Hopefully time will speed up now!
Strasburg underwent reconstructive elbow surgery last September after posting a 2.91 ERA over his first 12 major league starts. The 22-year-old right-hander was expected to miss about 12-18 months following the procedure, so there’s only an outside chance he pitches for the Nationals this season. Still, I imagine most Nats fans will be just fine with that if he’s back to full strength in 2012.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 15
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims