May 23, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The Nationals have lost seven out of their last 10 games and currently sit in last place in the National League East, but there’s some reason for optimism today.
No really, there is.
First bullpen in the books. Felt great! Hopefully time will speed up now!
Strasburg underwent reconstructive elbow surgery last September after posting a 2.91 ERA over his first 12 major league starts. The 22-year-old right-hander was expected to miss about 12-18 months following the procedure, so there’s only an outside chance he pitches for the Nationals this season. Still, I imagine most Nats fans will be just fine with that if he’s back to full strength in 2012.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (128)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)