May 23, 2011, 9:17 PM EST
The Nationals have lost seven out of their last 10 games and currently sit in last place in the National League East, but there’s some reason for optimism today.
No really, there is.
First bullpen in the books. Felt great! Hopefully time will speed up now!
Strasburg underwent reconstructive elbow surgery last September after posting a 2.91 ERA over his first 12 major league starts. The 22-year-old right-hander was expected to miss about 12-18 months following the procedure, so there’s only an outside chance he pitches for the Nationals this season. Still, I imagine most Nats fans will be just fine with that if he’s back to full strength in 2012.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)