May 23, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
This move is clearly about insurance for the Phillies, as Shane Victorino is hurt and Charlie Manuel has a lot riding on young kids and a toasted veteran in that outfield.
Reader Jonny5, however — who sent me this link — thinks it’s more of a defensive move by Philly, inasmuch as Podsednik has killed the Phillies in the past (.316/.384/.443; not bad for him) and Ruben Amaro simply doesn’t want Florida or Atlanta or someone getting him.
That Amaro. Always two steps ahead …
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million