May 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
What’s wrong with Albert Pujols? Why, nothing that a nice night can’t fix. Pujols went yard last night in the Cardinals’ 3-1 win over the Padres. His homer broke a one month, 106 plate appearance homerless streak, the longest of his career.
In that month, Pujols has actually seen his OBP rise from .309 to .341, even as his power went AWOL, so perhaps his homerless stretch was all just a matter of adjustment and time and all of that as opposed to Albert Pujols suddenly forgetting how to send baseballs over fences.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)