May 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
What’s wrong with Albert Pujols? Why, nothing that a nice night can’t fix. Pujols went yard last night in the Cardinals’ 3-1 win over the Padres. His homer broke a one month, 106 plate appearance homerless streak, the longest of his career.
In that month, Pujols has actually seen his OBP rise from .309 to .341, even as his power went AWOL, so perhaps his homerless stretch was all just a matter of adjustment and time and all of that as opposed to Albert Pujols suddenly forgetting how to send baseballs over fences.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)