May 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
What’s wrong with Albert Pujols? Why, nothing that a nice night can’t fix. Pujols went yard last night in the Cardinals’ 3-1 win over the Padres. His homer broke a one month, 106 plate appearance homerless streak, the longest of his career.
In that month, Pujols has actually seen his OBP rise from .309 to .341, even as his power went AWOL, so perhaps his homerless stretch was all just a matter of adjustment and time and all of that as opposed to Albert Pujols suddenly forgetting how to send baseballs over fences.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)