May 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
What’s wrong with Albert Pujols? Why, nothing that a nice night can’t fix. Pujols went yard last night in the Cardinals’ 3-1 win over the Padres. His homer broke a one month, 106 plate appearance homerless streak, the longest of his career.
In that month, Pujols has actually seen his OBP rise from .309 to .341, even as his power went AWOL, so perhaps his homerless stretch was all just a matter of adjustment and time and all of that as opposed to Albert Pujols suddenly forgetting how to send baseballs over fences.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)