May 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
What’s wrong with Albert Pujols? Why, nothing that a nice night can’t fix. Pujols went yard last night in the Cardinals’ 3-1 win over the Padres. His homer broke a one month, 106 plate appearance homerless streak, the longest of his career.
In that month, Pujols has actually seen his OBP rise from .309 to .341, even as his power went AWOL, so perhaps his homerless stretch was all just a matter of adjustment and time and all of that as opposed to Albert Pujols suddenly forgetting how to send baseballs over fences.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins