May 24, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Out since May 5 with a strained triceps, Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks threw a problem-free bullpen session yesterday and Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as this weekend.
After throwing a 25-pitch session Jenks said:
Everything felt great today. Biceps is back to where it was before a few weeks ago. Right now, everything’s looking good.
Jenks indicated that he’d prefer to skip a minor-league rehab assignment, but given his 9.35 ERA prior to the injury it might not be the worst idea to let him get some minor-league hitters out before rejoining the Red Sox’s bullpen. If nothing else the guys in Pawtucket could tell stories for the rest of their lives about seeing Jenks’ goatee in person.
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 0
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 17
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 42
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 20
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)