May 24, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Out since May 5 with a strained triceps, Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks threw a problem-free bullpen session yesterday and Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as this weekend.
After throwing a 25-pitch session Jenks said:
Everything felt great today. Biceps is back to where it was before a few weeks ago. Right now, everything’s looking good.
Jenks indicated that he’d prefer to skip a minor-league rehab assignment, but given his 9.35 ERA prior to the injury it might not be the worst idea to let him get some minor-league hitters out before rejoining the Red Sox’s bullpen. If nothing else the guys in Pawtucket could tell stories for the rest of their lives about seeing Jenks’ goatee in person.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 30
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 86
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)