May 24, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Out since May 5 with a strained triceps, Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks threw a problem-free bullpen session yesterday and Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as this weekend.
After throwing a 25-pitch session Jenks said:
Everything felt great today. Biceps is back to where it was before a few weeks ago. Right now, everything’s looking good.
Jenks indicated that he’d prefer to skip a minor-league rehab assignment, but given his 9.35 ERA prior to the injury it might not be the worst idea to let him get some minor-league hitters out before rejoining the Red Sox’s bullpen. If nothing else the guys in Pawtucket could tell stories for the rest of their lives about seeing Jenks’ goatee in person.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)