May 24, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Out since May 5 with a strained triceps, Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks threw a problem-free bullpen session yesterday and Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as this weekend.
After throwing a 25-pitch session Jenks said:
Everything felt great today. Biceps is back to where it was before a few weeks ago. Right now, everything’s looking good.
Jenks indicated that he’d prefer to skip a minor-league rehab assignment, but given his 9.35 ERA prior to the injury it might not be the worst idea to let him get some minor-league hitters out before rejoining the Red Sox’s bullpen. If nothing else the guys in Pawtucket could tell stories for the rest of their lives about seeing Jenks’ goatee in person.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11