May 24, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Out since May 5 with a strained triceps, Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks threw a problem-free bullpen session yesterday and Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as this weekend.
After throwing a 25-pitch session Jenks said:
Everything felt great today. Biceps is back to where it was before a few weeks ago. Right now, everything’s looking good.
Jenks indicated that he’d prefer to skip a minor-league rehab assignment, but given his 9.35 ERA prior to the injury it might not be the worst idea to let him get some minor-league hitters out before rejoining the Red Sox’s bullpen. If nothing else the guys in Pawtucket could tell stories for the rest of their lives about seeing Jenks’ goatee in person.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)