May 24, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
As you may have heard, Brian Fuentes called out Bob Geren for his in-game managing and communication skills following last night’s loss to the Angels. No doubt realizing that he made a major boo-boo, John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Fuentes apologized to Geren during a meeting prior to tonight’s game.
Fuentes didn’t back down from his original comments and even said he would say them again, but just not to the media. Keeping things in-house, what a novel concept.
Anyway, it appears Geren has finally communicated his intentions with Fuentes, as the struggling left-hander has been pulled from the closer role. Grant Balfour will handle the ninth inning for now, though the team’s projected closer Andrew Bailey is nearing the end of a minor league rehab assignment.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)