May 24, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
After visiting a concussion specialist on Tuesday, Brian Roberts was told to rest for two more weeks, meaning he won’t rejoin the Orioles prior to mid-June.
Roberts was injured sliding head-first into first base in a game against the Red Sox eight days ago.
The team had similar issues a year ago: in 2010, they were 30-28 with Roberts in the lineup, 33-71 the rest rest of the time.
Roberts, who was placed on the new 7-day concussion disabled list after getting hurt, will be automatically transferred to the 15-day disabled list next week.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 9
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)