May 24, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
After visiting a concussion specialist on Tuesday, Brian Roberts was told to rest for two more weeks, meaning he won’t rejoin the Orioles prior to mid-June.
Roberts was injured sliding head-first into first base in a game against the Red Sox eight days ago.
The team had similar issues a year ago: in 2010, they were 30-28 with Roberts in the lineup, 33-71 the rest rest of the time.
Roberts, who was placed on the new 7-day concussion disabled list after getting hurt, will be automatically transferred to the 15-day disabled list next week.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)