May 24, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
After visiting a concussion specialist on Tuesday, Brian Roberts was told to rest for two more weeks, meaning he won’t rejoin the Orioles prior to mid-June.
Roberts was injured sliding head-first into first base in a game against the Red Sox eight days ago.
The team had similar issues a year ago: in 2010, they were 30-28 with Roberts in the lineup, 33-71 the rest rest of the time.
Roberts, who was placed on the new 7-day concussion disabled list after getting hurt, will be automatically transferred to the 15-day disabled list next week.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)