May 24, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
After visiting a concussion specialist on Tuesday, Brian Roberts was told to rest for two more weeks, meaning he won’t rejoin the Orioles prior to mid-June.
Roberts was injured sliding head-first into first base in a game against the Red Sox eight days ago.
The team had similar issues a year ago: in 2010, they were 30-28 with Roberts in the lineup, 33-71 the rest rest of the time.
Roberts, who was placed on the new 7-day concussion disabled list after getting hurt, will be automatically transferred to the 15-day disabled list next week.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)