May 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Jorge De La Rosa has pitched well this year, posting a 5-2 record and a 3.34 ERA and helping pick up the slack from a worse-than-expected Ubaldo Jimenez. But it’s not all beer and Skittles in De La Rosa land, as he was pulled in the third inning of today’s start against the Dbacks with elbow soreness.
There’s no word yet on what the problem was, but according to the AP story, he had a “pained look” on his face. We’ll update you when we hear something.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)