May 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Jorge De La Rosa has pitched well this year, posting a 5-2 record and a 3.34 ERA and helping pick up the slack from a worse-than-expected Ubaldo Jimenez. But it’s not all beer and Skittles in De La Rosa land, as he was pulled in the third inning of today’s start against the Dbacks with elbow soreness.
There’s no word yet on what the problem was, but according to the AP story, he had a “pained look” on his face. We’ll update you when we hear something.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)