May 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Jorge De La Rosa has pitched well this year, posting a 5-2 record and a 3.34 ERA and helping pick up the slack from a worse-than-expected Ubaldo Jimenez. But it’s not all beer and Skittles in De La Rosa land, as he was pulled in the third inning of today’s start against the Dbacks with elbow soreness.
There’s no word yet on what the problem was, but according to the AP story, he had a “pained look” on his face. We’ll update you when we hear something.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)