May 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Jorge De La Rosa has pitched well this year, posting a 5-2 record and a 3.34 ERA and helping pick up the slack from a worse-than-expected Ubaldo Jimenez. But it’s not all beer and Skittles in De La Rosa land, as he was pulled in the third inning of today’s start against the Dbacks with elbow soreness.
There’s no word yet on what the problem was, but according to the AP story, he had a “pained look” on his face. We’ll update you when we hear something.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)