May 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Jorge De La Rosa has pitched well this year, posting a 5-2 record and a 3.34 ERA and helping pick up the slack from a worse-than-expected Ubaldo Jimenez. But it’s not all beer and Skittles in De La Rosa land, as he was pulled in the third inning of today’s start against the Dbacks with elbow soreness.
There’s no word yet on what the problem was, but according to the AP story, he had a “pained look” on his face. We’ll update you when we hear something.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 52
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)