May 24, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is one of the best beat reporters to follow on Twitter because he frequently answers questions from followers and provides information and context that otherwise might not appear in his articles.
Wrote about many times. Other players didnt like him. Pretty much everyone, had a big-league attitude without having played in bigs, personal coach issue.
Perhaps not surprising, given Hamilton’s backstory at the time. Ironically, the Reds traded Hamilton to the Rangers for Edinson Volquez, who made headlines yesterday for ripping the lineup’s lack of production following a start in which he allowed seven runs. And then Volquez was demoted to Triple-A.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)