May 24, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is one of the best beat reporters to follow on Twitter because he frequently answers questions from followers and provides information and context that otherwise might not appear in his articles.
Wrote about many times. Other players didnt like him. Pretty much everyone, had a big-league attitude without having played in bigs, personal coach issue.
Perhaps not surprising, given Hamilton’s backstory at the time. Ironically, the Reds traded Hamilton to the Rangers for Edinson Volquez, who made headlines yesterday for ripping the lineup’s lack of production following a start in which he allowed seven runs. And then Volquez was demoted to Triple-A.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)