May 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Hey, not all ball hawks are successful, but former President Bush made a valiant effort at an Adrian Beltre foul ball at the White Sox-Rangers game last night. If the woman in the red suit hadn’t gotten in front of him, I think W. has a chance at it. Or Laura does. I hear she can pick it.
And be honest: how many people out there are a bit disappointed that A.J. Pierzynski wasn’t beaten by a half dozen Secret Service agents for getting so close to Bush on the play? I mean, no, he wasn’t a threat, but what’s the point of passing stuff like the Patriot Act if it doesn’t allow for summary beatings of guys like A.J. Pierzynski?
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)