May 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Hey, not all ball hawks are successful, but former President Bush made a valiant effort at an Adrian Beltre foul ball at the White Sox-Rangers game last night. If the woman in the red suit hadn’t gotten in front of him, I think W. has a chance at it. Or Laura does. I hear she can pick it.
And be honest: how many people out there are a bit disappointed that A.J. Pierzynski wasn’t beaten by a half dozen Secret Service agents for getting so close to Bush on the play? I mean, no, he wasn’t a threat, but what’s the point of passing stuff like the Patriot Act if it doesn’t allow for summary beatings of guys like A.J. Pierzynski?
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 13
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 17
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 143
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)