May 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Hey, not all ball hawks are successful, but former President Bush made a valiant effort at an Adrian Beltre foul ball at the White Sox-Rangers game last night. If the woman in the red suit hadn’t gotten in front of him, I think W. has a chance at it. Or Laura does. I hear she can pick it.
And be honest: how many people out there are a bit disappointed that A.J. Pierzynski wasn’t beaten by a half dozen Secret Service agents for getting so close to Bush on the play? I mean, no, he wasn’t a threat, but what’s the point of passing stuff like the Patriot Act if it doesn’t allow for summary beatings of guys like A.J. Pierzynski?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)