May 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Hey, not all ball hawks are successful, but former President Bush made a valiant effort at an Adrian Beltre foul ball at the White Sox-Rangers game last night. If the woman in the red suit hadn’t gotten in front of him, I think W. has a chance at it. Or Laura does. I hear she can pick it.
And be honest: how many people out there are a bit disappointed that A.J. Pierzynski wasn’t beaten by a half dozen Secret Service agents for getting so close to Bush on the play? I mean, no, he wasn’t a threat, but what’s the point of passing stuff like the Patriot Act if it doesn’t allow for summary beatings of guys like A.J. Pierzynski?
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)