May 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Hey, not all ball hawks are successful, but former President Bush made a valiant effort at an Adrian Beltre foul ball at the White Sox-Rangers game last night. If the woman in the red suit hadn’t gotten in front of him, I think W. has a chance at it. Or Laura does. I hear she can pick it.
And be honest: how many people out there are a bit disappointed that A.J. Pierzynski wasn’t beaten by a half dozen Secret Service agents for getting so close to Bush on the play? I mean, no, he wasn’t a threat, but what’s the point of passing stuff like the Patriot Act if it doesn’t allow for summary beatings of guys like A.J. Pierzynski?
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)