May 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday the Reds called up prospect Todd Frazier from the Triple-A and there was speculation about how much playing time he’d get and who he’d replace in the lineup. So much for all that.
Frazier appeared in last night’s game, striking out as a pinch-hitter, and was sent back to Triple-A this afternoon.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com notes that the move was made largely because the Reds’ bullpen needed some reinforcements, but clearly they didn’t plan on giving Frazier an extended look anyway.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)