May 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday the Reds called up prospect Todd Frazier from the Triple-A and there was speculation about how much playing time he’d get and who he’d replace in the lineup. So much for all that.
Frazier appeared in last night’s game, striking out as a pinch-hitter, and was sent back to Triple-A this afternoon.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com notes that the move was made largely because the Reds’ bullpen needed some reinforcements, but clearly they didn’t plan on giving Frazier an extended look anyway.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)