May 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EST
Yesterday the Reds called up prospect Todd Frazier from the Triple-A and there was speculation about how much playing time he’d get and who he’d replace in the lineup. So much for all that.
Frazier appeared in last night’s game, striking out as a pinch-hitter, and was sent back to Triple-A this afternoon.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com notes that the move was made largely because the Reds’ bullpen needed some reinforcements, but clearly they didn’t plan on giving Frazier an extended look anyway.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)