May 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday the Reds called up prospect Todd Frazier from the Triple-A and there was speculation about how much playing time he’d get and who he’d replace in the lineup. So much for all that.
Frazier appeared in last night’s game, striking out as a pinch-hitter, and was sent back to Triple-A this afternoon.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com notes that the move was made largely because the Reds’ bullpen needed some reinforcements, but clearly they didn’t plan on giving Frazier an extended look anyway.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims