May 25, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, tornado warnings, rain and hail in Dallas caused an extended delay of the White Sox-Rangers game last night, with fans being evacuated from the upper decks and then into tunnels in the ballpark for shelter.
A story about the evacuation can be read here. Over at Buzzfeed this morning is a collection of fan photos of the whole thing, including scary skies, billowing tarp and fans crammed in hallways for shelter.
In a spring in which Mother Nature has taken more than her usual toll, it’s a good and lucky thing indeed that everyone at the ballgame stayed safe last night.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 52
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (87)