May 25, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, tornado warnings, rain and hail in Dallas caused an extended delay of the White Sox-Rangers game last night, with fans being evacuated from the upper decks and then into tunnels in the ballpark for shelter.
A story about the evacuation can be read here. Over at Buzzfeed this morning is a collection of fan photos of the whole thing, including scary skies, billowing tarp and fans crammed in hallways for shelter.
In a spring in which Mother Nature has taken more than her usual toll, it’s a good and lucky thing indeed that everyone at the ballgame stayed safe last night.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 12
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 54
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (181)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)