May 25, 2011, 9:13 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps, tornado warnings, rain and hail in Dallas caused an extended delay of the White Sox-Rangers game last night, with fans being evacuated from the upper decks and then into tunnels in the ballpark for shelter.
A story about the evacuation can be read here. Over at Buzzfeed this morning is a collection of fan photos of the whole thing, including scary skies, billowing tarp and fans crammed in hallways for shelter.
In a spring in which Mother Nature has taken more than her usual toll, it’s a good and lucky thing indeed that everyone at the ballgame stayed safe last night.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)