May 25, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, tornado warnings, rain and hail in Dallas caused an extended delay of the White Sox-Rangers game last night, with fans being evacuated from the upper decks and then into tunnels in the ballpark for shelter.
A story about the evacuation can be read here. Over at Buzzfeed this morning is a collection of fan photos of the whole thing, including scary skies, billowing tarp and fans crammed in hallways for shelter.
In a spring in which Mother Nature has taken more than her usual toll, it’s a good and lucky thing indeed that everyone at the ballgame stayed safe last night.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (206)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)