May 25, 2011, 9:13 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps, tornado warnings, rain and hail in Dallas caused an extended delay of the White Sox-Rangers game last night, with fans being evacuated from the upper decks and then into tunnels in the ballpark for shelter.
A story about the evacuation can be read here. Over at Buzzfeed this morning is a collection of fan photos of the whole thing, including scary skies, billowing tarp and fans crammed in hallways for shelter.
In a spring in which Mother Nature has taken more than her usual toll, it’s a good and lucky thing indeed that everyone at the ballgame stayed safe last night.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)