May 25, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Kevin Slowey seems unlikely to pitch for the Twins again, as basically the entire organization has been criticizing him publicly all week and both sides seem to agree that a trade is best for everyone involved.
Minnesota had planned to send him to Triple-A, where Slowey could resume starting while showcasing himself for a trade, but now those plans are on hold because he’s been diagnosed with an acute rectus abdominus strain and is expected to be sidelined for 7-10 days.
Instead of a demotion to Triple-A he’ll likely be stashed on the disabled list and then asked to embark on a lengthy minor-league rehab assignment, so the end result is more or less the same thing assuming the injury proves minor. Either way, I fully expect the Twins to trade Slowey as soon as possible and based on his track record as a solid starter there should be at least a few teams interested.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)