May 25, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Kevin Slowey seems unlikely to pitch for the Twins again, as basically the entire organization has been criticizing him publicly all week and both sides seem to agree that a trade is best for everyone involved.
Minnesota had planned to send him to Triple-A, where Slowey could resume starting while showcasing himself for a trade, but now those plans are on hold because he’s been diagnosed with an acute rectus abdominus strain and is expected to be sidelined for 7-10 days.
Instead of a demotion to Triple-A he’ll likely be stashed on the disabled list and then asked to embark on a lengthy minor-league rehab assignment, so the end result is more or less the same thing assuming the injury proves minor. Either way, I fully expect the Twins to trade Slowey as soon as possible and based on his track record as a solid starter there should be at least a few teams interested.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 30
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)