May 25, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
Kessler said during a hearing that Florida law states a driver has to be in control of an operable vehicle to be required to take a breath test. He said Cabrera’s Land Rover had broken down and St. Lucie County Sheriff’s deputies didn’t see him driving the SUV.
Of course, there is testimony that suggests Cabrera was driving drunk beforehand. Two truck drivers told police that he ran a truck off the road before he was arrested.
Cabrera, who was not at the hearing, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting an officer without violence. He’s seeking the return of his driver’s license after three months without one.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)