May 25, 2011, 7:34 PM EST
Kessler said during a hearing that Florida law states a driver has to be in control of an operable vehicle to be required to take a breath test. He said Cabrera’s Land Rover had broken down and St. Lucie County Sheriff’s deputies didn’t see him driving the SUV.
Of course, there is testimony that suggests Cabrera was driving drunk beforehand. Two truck drivers told police that he ran a truck off the road before he was arrested.
Cabrera, who was not at the hearing, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting an officer without violence. He’s seeking the return of his driver’s license after three months without one.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 121
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)