May 25, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
When a story involves Doc Gooden on Drew Pinsky’s “Celebrity Rehab,” and neither Gooden nor Pinsky is the biggest freakshow in the story, that can only mean one thing: Dykstra.
That’s the story from Gooden who, while on WFAN yesterday, told Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton that Dykstra tried to break him out of rehab during the shooting of the show because he thought Gooden was being hypnotized or held against his will or something. Which is silly: Gooden and the others on that show are merely being exploited and humiliated, Lenny, not held hostage!
Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if this may not have been a rare instance in which Dykstra was trying to do the right thing …
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)