May 25, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
When a story involves Doc Gooden on Drew Pinsky’s “Celebrity Rehab,” and neither Gooden nor Pinsky is the biggest freakshow in the story, that can only mean one thing: Dykstra.
That’s the story from Gooden who, while on WFAN yesterday, told Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton that Dykstra tried to break him out of rehab during the shooting of the show because he thought Gooden was being hypnotized or held against his will or something. Which is silly: Gooden and the others on that show are merely being exploited and humiliated, Lenny, not held hostage!
Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if this may not have been a rare instance in which Dykstra was trying to do the right thing …
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)