May 25, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
When a story involves Doc Gooden on Drew Pinsky’s “Celebrity Rehab,” and neither Gooden nor Pinsky is the biggest freakshow in the story, that can only mean one thing: Dykstra.
That’s the story from Gooden who, while on WFAN yesterday, told Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton that Dykstra tried to break him out of rehab during the shooting of the show because he thought Gooden was being hypnotized or held against his will or something. Which is silly: Gooden and the others on that show are merely being exploited and humiliated, Lenny, not held hostage!
Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if this may not have been a rare instance in which Dykstra was trying to do the right thing …
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)