May 25, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
When a story involves Doc Gooden on Drew Pinsky’s “Celebrity Rehab,” and neither Gooden nor Pinsky is the biggest freakshow in the story, that can only mean one thing: Dykstra.
That’s the story from Gooden who, while on WFAN yesterday, told Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton that Dykstra tried to break him out of rehab during the shooting of the show because he thought Gooden was being hypnotized or held against his will or something. Which is silly: Gooden and the others on that show are merely being exploited and humiliated, Lenny, not held hostage!
Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if this may not have been a rare instance in which Dykstra was trying to do the right thing …
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)