Man injured in fall at Coors Field

May 25, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT

Coors Field

A 27-year-old man was seriously injured at Coors Field yesterday after falling 20 feet from a stairway leading to the center field seats and onto a concrete floor. There’s no information about the man’s identity or the circumstances of his fall, but there is the rather gruesome detail in the AP story that there was a large water spot at the bottom of the stairs some time after the fall, suggesting that a good deal of blood had to be cleaned up.  The fan  is in critical condition.

I have nothing more to add other than to implore you to be careful out there.

1. b7p19 - May 25, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Seems to be a lot of people falling at ballparks this year. Hope this guy makes it through OK.

• purdueman - May 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM

SPLAT!!!!

• Old Gator - May 25, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Wonder if this guy was sober at the time. At that altitude, every beer has the alcoholic impact of a beer and a half or so.

It’s still early. Let’s wait and see what other happy news Craig has for us today.

2. pellypell - May 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Coors. Drink Responsibly.

3. kellyb9 - May 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I’m surprised the upper decks of these stadiums don’t require you to attach a carbineer onto a rope. Combined with drinking at sporting events I’m shocked this doesn’t happen more often.

4. cyanstudios - May 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Laugh it up. After all, it wouldn’t be funny when it was a best of yours for 15 years.

But since it’s not, laugh it up.

5. cyanstudios - May 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM

He was a great uncle, a loyal friend, and a comedian. He made light of his feet randomly smelling up the house like peaches (still didn’t figure that one out), liked to shout “Papa wants supper!” to distract the batter, named his cat “Smoke a Dog”, and really just wanted the Chicago Bears to win the Super Bowl. Just once.

6. skerney - May 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I hope this young guy pulls through. My first time in denver, i had one craft IPA (beer) outside the ballpark. I’m from san diego and drink at sea level all the time and one beer is no problem for me. After the one beer at mile high altitude my head was swimming. I got off my stool and went “WOAH” i was loopy after just a single brew. i would say my tolerance is average to middle high. I didn’t drink again that trip because i wasn’t in the mood to get blasted off the same kind and amount of beer I drink at home.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3392)