May 25, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
A 27-year-old man was seriously injured at Coors Field yesterday after falling 20 feet from a stairway leading to the center field seats and onto a concrete floor. There’s no information about the man’s identity or the circumstances of his fall, but there is the rather gruesome detail in the AP story that there was a large water spot at the bottom of the stairs some time after the fall, suggesting that a good deal of blood had to be cleaned up. The fan is in critical condition.
I have nothing more to add other than to implore you to be careful out there.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)