May 25, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
A 27-year-old man was seriously injured at Coors Field yesterday after falling 20 feet from a stairway leading to the center field seats and onto a concrete floor. There’s no information about the man’s identity or the circumstances of his fall, but there is the rather gruesome detail in the AP story that there was a large water spot at the bottom of the stairs some time after the fall, suggesting that a good deal of blood had to be cleaned up. The fan is in critical condition.
I have nothing more to add other than to implore you to be careful out there.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)