May 25, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
A 27-year-old man was seriously injured at Coors Field yesterday after falling 20 feet from a stairway leading to the center field seats and onto a concrete floor. There’s no information about the man’s identity or the circumstances of his fall, but there is the rather gruesome detail in the AP story that there was a large water spot at the bottom of the stairs some time after the fall, suggesting that a good deal of blood had to be cleaned up. The fan is in critical condition.
I have nothing more to add other than to implore you to be careful out there.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (76)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)