May 25, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
A 27-year-old man was seriously injured at Coors Field yesterday after falling 20 feet from a stairway leading to the center field seats and onto a concrete floor. There’s no information about the man’s identity or the circumstances of his fall, but there is the rather gruesome detail in the AP story that there was a large water spot at the bottom of the stairs some time after the fall, suggesting that a good deal of blood had to be cleaned up. The fan is in critical condition.
I have nothing more to add other than to implore you to be careful out there.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)