May 25, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
A 27-year-old man was seriously injured at Coors Field yesterday after falling 20 feet from a stairway leading to the center field seats and onto a concrete floor. There’s no information about the man’s identity or the circumstances of his fall, but there is the rather gruesome detail in the AP story that there was a large water spot at the bottom of the stairs some time after the fall, suggesting that a good deal of blood had to be cleaned up. The fan is in critical condition.
I have nothing more to add other than to implore you to be careful out there.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)