May 25, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Phil Hughes threw from 100 feet for about 10 minutes yesterday in front of pitching coach Larry Rothschild and reported no problems afterward.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that there’s still no timetable for Hughes’ return from the “dead arm” that sent him to the disabled list in mid-April and he hasn’t even been cleared to throw off a mound yet.
Hughes told Hoch that he’s “trying not to get caught up in the scheduling of everything” while he tries to strengthen his arm.
At this point a best-case scenario would seemingly have him returning in late June or early July, but he still has quite a few hurdles to clear before that’s even a possibility.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)