May 25, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Phil Hughes threw from 100 feet for about 10 minutes yesterday in front of pitching coach Larry Rothschild and reported no problems afterward.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that there’s still no timetable for Hughes’ return from the “dead arm” that sent him to the disabled list in mid-April and he hasn’t even been cleared to throw off a mound yet.
Hughes told Hoch that he’s “trying not to get caught up in the scheduling of everything” while he tries to strengthen his arm.
At this point a best-case scenario would seemingly have him returning in late June or early July, but he still has quite a few hurdles to clear before that’s even a possibility.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 11
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 96
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (96)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)