May 25, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Phil Hughes threw from 100 feet for about 10 minutes yesterday in front of pitching coach Larry Rothschild and reported no problems afterward.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that there’s still no timetable for Hughes’ return from the “dead arm” that sent him to the disabled list in mid-April and he hasn’t even been cleared to throw off a mound yet.
Hughes told Hoch that he’s “trying not to get caught up in the scheduling of everything” while he tries to strengthen his arm.
At this point a best-case scenario would seemingly have him returning in late June or early July, but he still has quite a few hurdles to clear before that’s even a possibility.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)