May 25, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Phil Hughes threw from 100 feet for about 10 minutes yesterday in front of pitching coach Larry Rothschild and reported no problems afterward.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that there’s still no timetable for Hughes’ return from the “dead arm” that sent him to the disabled list in mid-April and he hasn’t even been cleared to throw off a mound yet.
Hughes told Hoch that he’s “trying not to get caught up in the scheduling of everything” while he tries to strengthen his arm.
At this point a best-case scenario would seemingly have him returning in late June or early July, but he still has quite a few hurdles to clear before that’s even a possibility.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)