May 25, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
Rafael Soriano‘s MRI came back and it revealed an inflamed ligament. Which is not torn which means no appointment with Dr. James Andrews’ Tommy-John-6000 machine. At least not yet.
Andrews recommends rest and then a throwing program for Soriano, together which will have him out for six to eight weeks. Which is cool, I guess, but I’m having a hard time remembering the last guy who did the rest + throwing program who ended up being fine on the other end without surgery. But hey, at least Soriano has two more years and $25 million coming to him after this one in which he can rehab and/or recover, whichever the case may be.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 30
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)