May 25, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
Rafael Soriano‘s MRI came back and it revealed an inflamed ligament. Which is not torn which means no appointment with Dr. James Andrews’ Tommy-John-6000 machine. At least not yet.
Andrews recommends rest and then a throwing program for Soriano, together which will have him out for six to eight weeks. Which is cool, I guess, but I’m having a hard time remembering the last guy who did the rest + throwing program who ended up being fine on the other end without surgery. But hey, at least Soriano has two more years and $25 million coming to him after this one in which he can rehab and/or recover, whichever the case may be.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)