May 25, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
Rafael Soriano‘s MRI came back and it revealed an inflamed ligament. Which is not torn which means no appointment with Dr. James Andrews’ Tommy-John-6000 machine. At least not yet.
Andrews recommends rest and then a throwing program for Soriano, together which will have him out for six to eight weeks. Which is cool, I guess, but I’m having a hard time remembering the last guy who did the rest + throwing program who ended up being fine on the other end without surgery. But hey, at least Soriano has two more years and $25 million coming to him after this one in which he can rehab and/or recover, whichever the case may be.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)