May 25, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
Rafael Soriano‘s MRI came back and it revealed an inflamed ligament. Which is not torn which means no appointment with Dr. James Andrews’ Tommy-John-6000 machine. At least not yet.
Andrews recommends rest and then a throwing program for Soriano, together which will have him out for six to eight weeks. Which is cool, I guess, but I’m having a hard time remembering the last guy who did the rest + throwing program who ended up being fine on the other end without surgery. But hey, at least Soriano has two more years and $25 million coming to him after this one in which he can rehab and/or recover, whichever the case may be.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)