May 25, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
Rafael Soriano‘s MRI came back and it revealed an inflamed ligament. Which is not torn which means no appointment with Dr. James Andrews’ Tommy-John-6000 machine. At least not yet.
Andrews recommends rest and then a throwing program for Soriano, together which will have him out for six to eight weeks. Which is cool, I guess, but I’m having a hard time remembering the last guy who did the rest + throwing program who ended up being fine on the other end without surgery. But hey, at least Soriano has two more years and $25 million coming to him after this one in which he can rehab and/or recover, whichever the case may be.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (86)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)