May 25, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
Another big blow for Ian Stewart.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the talented 26-year-old third baseman pulled a hamstring Wednesday while playing for Triple-A Colorado Springs. He’s likely to be sidelined for the next two weeks, and maybe longer.
Stewart has been demoted to the minors twice this season because of his ongoing struggle to produce at the major league level. In 52 big league plate appearances this season, he has managed just two singles, one double, 18 strikeouts and five walks. With zero home runs. That all rings out to an ugly .064/.154/.085 batting line.
The hamstring injury isn’t going to help Stewart’s mission to return quickly to Denver.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)