May 26, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Yeah, that headline is a bit misleading.
But only slightly.
Brian Hickey of Deadspin passes along this video of former NFL quarterback Brett Favre throwing out the first pitch at a college baseball game Wednesday evening between the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and the Tulane Green Wave.
Even our good friends at ProFootballTalk are sick of Favre stories by now, but the quick video is worth watching. Favre grabs the ball, heads in front of the mound and delivers a low heater all in one motion.
He’s like the Happy Gilmore of the … eh, nevermind. Now back to your regularly scheduled baseball blogging.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games