May 26, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Yeah, that headline is a bit misleading.
But only slightly.
Brian Hickey of Deadspin passes along this video of former NFL quarterback Brett Favre throwing out the first pitch at a college baseball game Wednesday evening between the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and the Tulane Green Wave.
Even our good friends at ProFootballTalk are sick of Favre stories by now, but the quick video is worth watching. Favre grabs the ball, heads in front of the mound and delivers a low heater all in one motion.
He’s like the Happy Gilmore of the … eh, nevermind. Now back to your regularly scheduled baseball blogging.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)