May 26, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Yeah, that headline is a bit misleading.
But only slightly.
Brian Hickey of Deadspin passes along this video of former NFL quarterback Brett Favre throwing out the first pitch at a college baseball game Wednesday evening between the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and the Tulane Green Wave.
Even our good friends at ProFootballTalk are sick of Favre stories by now, but the quick video is worth watching. Favre grabs the ball, heads in front of the mound and delivers a low heater all in one motion.
He’s like the Happy Gilmore of the … eh, nevermind. Now back to your regularly scheduled baseball blogging.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 39
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 49
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 93
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)