May 26, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Yeah, that headline is a bit misleading.
But only slightly.
Brian Hickey of Deadspin passes along this video of former NFL quarterback Brett Favre throwing out the first pitch at a college baseball game Wednesday evening between the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and the Tulane Green Wave.
Even our good friends at ProFootballTalk are sick of Favre stories by now, but the quick video is worth watching. Favre grabs the ball, heads in front of the mound and delivers a low heater all in one motion.
He’s like the Happy Gilmore of the … eh, nevermind. Now back to your regularly scheduled baseball blogging.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 41
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 72
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 26
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 132
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 32
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 110
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 89
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (112)