May 26, 2011, 9:15 PM EST
Yeah, that headline is a bit misleading.
But only slightly.
Brian Hickey of Deadspin passes along this video of former NFL quarterback Brett Favre throwing out the first pitch at a college baseball game Wednesday evening between the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and the Tulane Green Wave.
Even our good friends at ProFootballTalk are sick of Favre stories by now, but the quick video is worth watching. Favre grabs the ball, heads in front of the mound and delivers a low heater all in one motion.
He’s like the Happy Gilmore of the … eh, nevermind. Now back to your regularly scheduled baseball blogging.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)