May 26, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
In this kind of situation, the news is always going to be troubling. But there are some positives to be taken from Posey’s early test results.
According to Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Posey underwent three different MRI exams throughout Thursday afternoon and his left knee was found to be completely intact. He does have a broken left fibula and a couple of severely strained ligaments in his left ankle, but none of the listed injuries should be season-ending.
Posey will undergo surgery to correct his ankle sometime within the next seven days. The recovery time for that procedure can last between six and eight weeks. The broken fibula will heal with a basic leg cast.
If Posey is able to avoid setbacks, there’s a chance he could be ready to return to the majors in September.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)