May 26, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
Ugh. The fan who fell from a stairway at Coors Field on Tuesday has died, reports the Denver Post. His name was Robert Seamans of Pueblo, Colorado. He was 27.
Sadly, it seems like his death was totally preventable: Seamans was attempting to slide down the railing when he lost his balance. The picture accompanying the article in the Post shows the stairway in question. It doesn’t look like a good place for horseplay. The only silver lining here is that Seamans was an organ donor and his organs were able to be harvested to so that others may live.
Do yourself and society a favor, folks: (a) don’t do dangerous things; and (b) become an organ donor.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)