May 26, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
Ugh. The fan who fell from a stairway at Coors Field on Tuesday has died, reports the Denver Post. His name was Robert Seamans of Pueblo, Colorado. He was 27.
Sadly, it seems like his death was totally preventable: Seamans was attempting to slide down the railing when he lost his balance. The picture accompanying the article in the Post shows the stairway in question. It doesn’t look like a good place for horseplay. The only silver lining here is that Seamans was an organ donor and his organs were able to be harvested to so that others may live.
Do yourself and society a favor, folks: (a) don’t do dangerous things; and (b) become an organ donor.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72