May 26, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
Ugh. The fan who fell from a stairway at Coors Field on Tuesday has died, reports the Denver Post. His name was Robert Seamans of Pueblo, Colorado. He was 27.
Sadly, it seems like his death was totally preventable: Seamans was attempting to slide down the railing when he lost his balance. The picture accompanying the article in the Post shows the stairway in question. It doesn’t look like a good place for horseplay. The only silver lining here is that Seamans was an organ donor and his organs were able to be harvested to so that others may live.
Do yourself and society a favor, folks: (a) don’t do dangerous things; and (b) become an organ donor.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47