May 26, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
Ugh. The fan who fell from a stairway at Coors Field on Tuesday has died, reports the Denver Post. His name was Robert Seamans of Pueblo, Colorado. He was 27.
Sadly, it seems like his death was totally preventable: Seamans was attempting to slide down the railing when he lost his balance. The picture accompanying the article in the Post shows the stairway in question. It doesn’t look like a good place for horseplay. The only silver lining here is that Seamans was an organ donor and his organs were able to be harvested to so that others may live.
Do yourself and society a favor, folks: (a) don’t do dangerous things; and (b) become an organ donor.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 246
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (248)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (91)