HBT Breakfast Wrap

May 26, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT

Breakfast Wrap

Oh, and be sure to check back later today as I discuss baseball ethics through the lens of Kant’s categorical imperative and Rawls’ original position.  And you think I’m kidding.

1. Phillies Homer - May 26, 2011 at 8:46 AM

As much as I like the “wrap” idea… something’s gotta be done about the picture. I routinely skip out on eating breakfast (I know most important meal…ahh) and breakfast wraps/burritos are easily the most appetizing thing to me.

So, yea… maybe find a picture that has, like, onions in it or something. I don’t like onions.

• Jonny 5 - May 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM

The breakfast wrap platter, “it’s smiling at me.”

• Utley's Hair - May 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Has anybody ever gotten a breakfast that even remotely looks that way? Maybe I’m just too cheap to go to the really good places, but mine never look like that.

• Old Gator - May 26, 2011 at 5:46 PM

How about a stale hoagie roll full of rancid horsemeat, buried in a thick scrum of deliquescent Velveeta?

• Utley's Hair - May 26, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Yum. Damn…now I’m hungry. Just hold the Velveeta and make it provolone, with fried onions. And make it snappy.

2. phukyouk - May 26, 2011 at 9:22 AM

“Orlando Hudson’s groin, Ian Stewart’s hamstring. They all blend together for me after a while.”

is there a rule against dating a player from another team?

P.S. your Orlando Hudson link leads to something else…

3. rebarratige - May 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Something tells me Rawls would have had a thing or two to say about revenue sharing.

4. Jonny 5 - May 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Hey, take it easy on Blanton will ya? I heard he was doing curls when he hurt his elbow. Whole turkey curls. He grabs a turkey in each hand and does curls with them and they literally get lighter with each curl making it a wonderful endurance exercise. He’s done when he’s curling skeletons. Ya know about 20 reps for him…

• Utley's Hair - May 26, 2011 at 12:10 PM

At least he mentioned Big Joe on the Breakfast Wrap. They go together like…Blanton and well…food, I guess.

5. Old Gator - May 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Around 8:40 this morning, speaking of breakfast, Craig, you were patched in to the Weather Channel by telephone – something about rainouts. My mouth was full – brandied chicken apple sausage, in this case – so it was difficult to make out what you were saying. Probably becuase I had the screen muted so I could hear myself slurping my freshly ground Galapagos Island coffee.

in any case, here’s the point: I’m really happy to see your portfolio expanding like Mr. Creosote after eating the waffer-thin mint, but if you’re going to be poching on Weather Channel property we have to have a simple rule: you’re welcome to Tiffany, but Stephanie is mine. Got that?

6. jjvedamuthu - May 26, 2011 at 1:09 PM

You Rule!

I am a fan of both baseball and Kantian ethics. I have to say I never, ever expected to see/hear/read a baseball discussion framed in terms of the Original Position.

7. deathmonkey41 - May 26, 2011 at 2:48 PM

•Ian Snell comes out of retirement. Vows to avenge the death of his friend Apollo Creed. I think. I dunno. I didn’t read it.

Damn Brilliant. You can never go wrong with Rocky III or IV references.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4787)