May 26, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
- Ian Snell comes out of retirement. Vows to avenge the death of his friend Apollo Creed. I think. I dunno. I didn’t read it.
- Francisco Rodriguez is gonna make it easy for the Mets to trade him. Or keep him. Or whatever. The point is, he’s flexible.
- Miguel Cabrera’s lawyer suggests something shocking about his client’s DUI arrest. Cabrera may have been sitting in … a ghost car!
- Willie Mays debuted 60 years ago yesterday. Like a boss.
- Orlando Hudson’s groin, Ian Stewart’s hamstring. They all blend together for me after a while.
- Joe Blanton will be shut down for 3-4 weeks. Which is no biggie, because lack of physical activity is right in Blanton’s wheelhouse.
- And, as you’ve probably already seen, the Phillies-Reds game was bananas, while the end of the Giants-Marlins game was a bunch of applesauce.
Oh, and be sure to check back later today as I discuss baseball ethics through the lens of Kant’s categorical imperative and Rawls’ original position. And you think I’m kidding.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 3
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 81
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)