May 26, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
- Ian Snell comes out of retirement. Vows to avenge the death of his friend Apollo Creed. I think. I dunno. I didn’t read it.
- Francisco Rodriguez is gonna make it easy for the Mets to trade him. Or keep him. Or whatever. The point is, he’s flexible.
- Miguel Cabrera’s lawyer suggests something shocking about his client’s DUI arrest. Cabrera may have been sitting in … a ghost car!
- Willie Mays debuted 60 years ago yesterday. Like a boss.
- Orlando Hudson’s groin, Ian Stewart’s hamstring. They all blend together for me after a while.
- Joe Blanton will be shut down for 3-4 weeks. Which is no biggie, because lack of physical activity is right in Blanton’s wheelhouse.
- And, as you’ve probably already seen, the Phillies-Reds game was bananas, while the end of the Giants-Marlins game was a bunch of applesauce.
Oh, and be sure to check back later today as I discuss baseball ethics through the lens of Kant’s categorical imperative and Rawls’ original position. And you think I’m kidding.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (354)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (195)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)