May 26, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
- Ian Snell comes out of retirement. Vows to avenge the death of his friend Apollo Creed. I think. I dunno. I didn’t read it.
- Francisco Rodriguez is gonna make it easy for the Mets to trade him. Or keep him. Or whatever. The point is, he’s flexible.
- Miguel Cabrera’s lawyer suggests something shocking about his client’s DUI arrest. Cabrera may have been sitting in … a ghost car!
- Willie Mays debuted 60 years ago yesterday. Like a boss.
- Orlando Hudson’s groin, Ian Stewart’s hamstring. They all blend together for me after a while.
- Joe Blanton will be shut down for 3-4 weeks. Which is no biggie, because lack of physical activity is right in Blanton’s wheelhouse.
- And, as you’ve probably already seen, the Phillies-Reds game was bananas, while the end of the Giants-Marlins game was a bunch of applesauce.
Oh, and be sure to check back later today as I discuss baseball ethics through the lens of Kant’s categorical imperative and Rawls’ original position. And you think I’m kidding.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (291)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)