May 26, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
- Ian Snell comes out of retirement. Vows to avenge the death of his friend Apollo Creed. I think. I dunno. I didn’t read it.
- Francisco Rodriguez is gonna make it easy for the Mets to trade him. Or keep him. Or whatever. The point is, he’s flexible.
- Miguel Cabrera’s lawyer suggests something shocking about his client’s DUI arrest. Cabrera may have been sitting in … a ghost car!
- Willie Mays debuted 60 years ago yesterday. Like a boss.
- Orlando Hudson’s groin, Ian Stewart’s hamstring. They all blend together for me after a while.
- Joe Blanton will be shut down for 3-4 weeks. Which is no biggie, because lack of physical activity is right in Blanton’s wheelhouse.
- And, as you’ve probably already seen, the Phillies-Reds game was bananas, while the end of the Giants-Marlins game was a bunch of applesauce.
Oh, and be sure to check back later today as I discuss baseball ethics through the lens of Kant’s categorical imperative and Rawls’ original position. And you think I’m kidding.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)