May 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
Just got a press release announcing that Major League Baseball and the MLBPA are joining together to contribute $200,000 toward relief efforts for tornado victims in the Midwest and the Southeast. The funds from MLB and the MLBPA are being donated to Heart to Heart International, a Kansas City-based organization that has been helping with disaster relief in the wake of this spring’s storms.
MLB Network is going to run promos and stuff in support, seeking donations and assistance. If you can, please consider helping out.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 6
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 37
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 31
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)