May 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
Just got a press release announcing that Major League Baseball and the MLBPA are joining together to contribute $200,000 toward relief efforts for tornado victims in the Midwest and the Southeast. The funds from MLB and the MLBPA are being donated to Heart to Heart International, a Kansas City-based organization that has been helping with disaster relief in the wake of this spring’s storms.
MLB Network is going to run promos and stuff in support, seeking donations and assistance. If you can, please consider helping out.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 7
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 87
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)