May 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Just got a press release announcing that Major League Baseball and the MLBPA are joining together to contribute $200,000 toward relief efforts for tornado victims in the Midwest and the Southeast. The funds from MLB and the MLBPA are being donated to Heart to Heart International, a Kansas City-based organization that has been helping with disaster relief in the wake of this spring’s storms.
MLB Network is going to run promos and stuff in support, seeking donations and assistance. If you can, please consider helping out.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)