May 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Just got a press release announcing that Major League Baseball and the MLBPA are joining together to contribute $200,000 toward relief efforts for tornado victims in the Midwest and the Southeast. The funds from MLB and the MLBPA are being donated to Heart to Heart International, a Kansas City-based organization that has been helping with disaster relief in the wake of this spring’s storms.
MLB Network is going to run promos and stuff in support, seeking donations and assistance. If you can, please consider helping out.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)