May 26, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Homer Bailey exited this afternoon’s start against the Phillies with a shoulder injury and John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that he’ll travel back to Cincinnati to be examined by the Reds’ team doctor.
Bailey complained of muscle spasms in his shoulder, which is very worrisome after he spent the first five weeks of the season on the disabled list with a shoulder impingement.
Afterward manager Dusty Baker said: “We don’t know how serious it is.”
Hopefully it proves to be a minor setback, because after a solid showing last season Bailey went 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio in 26 innings through his first four starts this year.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 27
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)