May 26, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Homer Bailey exited this afternoon’s start against the Phillies with a shoulder injury and John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that he’ll travel back to Cincinnati to be examined by the Reds’ team doctor.
Bailey complained of muscle spasms in his shoulder, which is very worrisome after he spent the first five weeks of the season on the disabled list with a shoulder impingement.
Afterward manager Dusty Baker said: “We don’t know how serious it is.”
Hopefully it proves to be a minor setback, because after a solid showing last season Bailey went 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio in 26 innings through his first four starts this year.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)