May 26, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Homer Bailey exited this afternoon’s start against the Phillies with a shoulder injury and John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that he’ll travel back to Cincinnati to be examined by the Reds’ team doctor.
Bailey complained of muscle spasms in his shoulder, which is very worrisome after he spent the first five weeks of the season on the disabled list with a shoulder impingement.
Afterward manager Dusty Baker said: “We don’t know how serious it is.”
Hopefully it proves to be a minor setback, because after a solid showing last season Bailey went 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio in 26 innings through his first four starts this year.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)