May 26, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Homer Bailey exited this afternoon’s start against the Phillies with a shoulder injury and John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that he’ll travel back to Cincinnati to be examined by the Reds’ team doctor.
Bailey complained of muscle spasms in his shoulder, which is very worrisome after he spent the first five weeks of the season on the disabled list with a shoulder impingement.
Afterward manager Dusty Baker said: “We don’t know how serious it is.”
Hopefully it proves to be a minor setback, because after a solid showing last season Bailey went 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio in 26 innings through his first four starts this year.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)