May 26, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Homer Bailey exited this afternoon’s start against the Phillies with a shoulder injury and John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that he’ll travel back to Cincinnati to be examined by the Reds’ team doctor.
Bailey complained of muscle spasms in his shoulder, which is very worrisome after he spent the first five weeks of the season on the disabled list with a shoulder impingement.
Afterward manager Dusty Baker said: “We don’t know how serious it is.”
Hopefully it proves to be a minor setback, because after a solid showing last season Bailey went 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio in 26 innings through his first four starts this year.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)