May 26, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
As expected, the Phillies activated Jose Contreras from the disabled list prior to today’s game.
Madson had his first rough outing of the season earlier this week, but he’s 9-for-9 converting saves with a 1.71 ERA. Prior to landing on the DL in mid-April Contreras had thrown eight scoreless innings and saved five games.
David Herndon was optioned back to Triple-A to make room on the roster and in the bullpen for Contreras’ return.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 2
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 43
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 25
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)