May 26, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
As expected, the Phillies activated Jose Contreras from the disabled list prior to today’s game.
Madson had his first rough outing of the season earlier this week, but he’s 9-for-9 converting saves with a 1.71 ERA. Prior to landing on the DL in mid-April Contreras had thrown eight scoreless innings and saved five games.
David Herndon was optioned back to Triple-A to make room on the roster and in the bullpen for Contreras’ return.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)