May 26, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
The Royals made a couple of roster moves after Thursday’s 6-5 extra-innings loss to the Orioles.
First, Kansas City gave cash to the Rockies for veteran right-hander Felipe Paulino, who’ll operate in middle relief for the Royals beginning Friday.
Then, to clear a roster spot, setup man Robinson Tejeda was designated for assignment. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.54 ERA and 56/26 K/BB ratio over 61 innings of relief last season for Kansas City, but was let go this year after being allowed just nine appearances. Makes you wonder if there was something else going on. Tejeda had been battling some shoulder issues and was just recently activated from a stay on the disabled list.
These transactions come via the Royals’ official Twitter feed.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)