May 26, 2011, 11:11 PM EST
The Royals made a couple of roster moves after Thursday’s 6-5 extra-innings loss to the Orioles.
First, Kansas City gave cash to the Rockies for veteran right-hander Felipe Paulino, who’ll operate in middle relief for the Royals beginning Friday.
Then, to clear a roster spot, setup man Robinson Tejeda was designated for assignment. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.54 ERA and 56/26 K/BB ratio over 61 innings of relief last season for Kansas City, but was let go this year after being allowed just nine appearances. Makes you wonder if there was something else going on. Tejeda had been battling some shoulder issues and was just recently activated from a stay on the disabled list.
These transactions come via the Royals’ official Twitter feed.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)