May 26, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
The Royals made a couple of roster moves after Thursday’s 6-5 extra-innings loss to the Orioles.
First, Kansas City gave cash to the Rockies for veteran right-hander Felipe Paulino, who’ll operate in middle relief for the Royals beginning Friday.
Then, to clear a roster spot, setup man Robinson Tejeda was designated for assignment. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.54 ERA and 56/26 K/BB ratio over 61 innings of relief last season for Kansas City, but was let go this year after being allowed just nine appearances. Makes you wonder if there was something else going on. Tejeda had been battling some shoulder issues and was just recently activated from a stay on the disabled list.
These transactions come via the Royals’ official Twitter feed.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)