May 26, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
The Royals made a couple of roster moves after Thursday’s 6-5 extra-innings loss to the Orioles.
First, Kansas City gave cash to the Rockies for veteran right-hander Felipe Paulino, who’ll operate in middle relief for the Royals beginning Friday.
Then, to clear a roster spot, setup man Robinson Tejeda was designated for assignment. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.54 ERA and 56/26 K/BB ratio over 61 innings of relief last season for Kansas City, but was let go this year after being allowed just nine appearances. Makes you wonder if there was something else going on. Tejeda had been battling some shoulder issues and was just recently activated from a stay on the disabled list.
These transactions come via the Royals’ official Twitter feed.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 1
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games