May 26, 2011, 11:11 PM EST
The Royals made a couple of roster moves after Thursday’s 6-5 extra-innings loss to the Orioles.
First, Kansas City gave cash to the Rockies for veteran right-hander Felipe Paulino, who’ll operate in middle relief for the Royals beginning Friday.
Then, to clear a roster spot, setup man Robinson Tejeda was designated for assignment. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.54 ERA and 56/26 K/BB ratio over 61 innings of relief last season for Kansas City, but was let go this year after being allowed just nine appearances. Makes you wonder if there was something else going on. Tejeda had been battling some shoulder issues and was just recently activated from a stay on the disabled list.
These transactions come via the Royals’ official Twitter feed.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)