May 27, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the whole Mets misdiagnosing injury thing was in the rear-view mirror, here’s this.
Pagan, who made his return to the Mets’ lineup tonight, was initially placed on the disabled list with a strained left oblique on April 22. He was shut down from a rehab assignment earlier this month with something the Mets called “point tenderness.” I’m not sure what that means exactly, but I can only assume that Pagan doesn’t enjoy people pointing and laughing at him.
Anyway, Pagan just laced a single in his first at-bat tonight against the Phillies, so the actual diagnosis probably doesn’t matter all that much as long as he’s healthy and back on the field.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)