May 27, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the whole Mets misdiagnosing injury thing was in the rear-view mirror, here’s this.
Pagan, who made his return to the Mets’ lineup tonight, was initially placed on the disabled list with a strained left oblique on April 22. He was shut down from a rehab assignment earlier this month with something the Mets called “point tenderness.” I’m not sure what that means exactly, but I can only assume that Pagan doesn’t enjoy people pointing and laughing at him.
Anyway, Pagan just laced a single in his first at-bat tonight against the Phillies, so the actual diagnosis probably doesn’t matter all that much as long as he’s healthy and back on the field.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 3
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)