May 27, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
“The Dugout” has moved around a lot over the years, but it is still my favorite place for faux-chat-room-style-humor. Really, it stands head and shoulders above its competitors in this regard.
Today’s entry is a great example of what makes it so … um, great: Bud Selig and Jeff Berry saying in The Dugout what everyone else is afraid to say in public: that the reason we’re all so worked up over catcher-collision rules now is because one of the handsome, white marketable catchers who plays for a marquee team got hurt and not, like, Ronny Paulino.
To steal a line from the back of a late 80s paperback book lying on my desk, we laugh in self-defense.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 115
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 55
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (115)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (97)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along