May 27, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
“The Dugout” has moved around a lot over the years, but it is still my favorite place for faux-chat-room-style-humor. Really, it stands head and shoulders above its competitors in this regard.
Today’s entry is a great example of what makes it so … um, great: Bud Selig and Jeff Berry saying in The Dugout what everyone else is afraid to say in public: that the reason we’re all so worked up over catcher-collision rules now is because one of the handsome, white marketable catchers who plays for a marquee team got hurt and not, like, Ronny Paulino.
To steal a line from the back of a late 80s paperback book lying on my desk, we laugh in self-defense.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 33
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (75)