May 27, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
“The Dugout” has moved around a lot over the years, but it is still my favorite place for faux-chat-room-style-humor. Really, it stands head and shoulders above its competitors in this regard.
Today’s entry is a great example of what makes it so … um, great: Bud Selig and Jeff Berry saying in The Dugout what everyone else is afraid to say in public: that the reason we’re all so worked up over catcher-collision rules now is because one of the handsome, white marketable catchers who plays for a marquee team got hurt and not, like, Ronny Paulino.
To steal a line from the back of a late 80s paperback book lying on my desk, we laugh in self-defense.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)