May 27, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
“The Dugout” has moved around a lot over the years, but it is still my favorite place for faux-chat-room-style-humor. Really, it stands head and shoulders above its competitors in this regard.
Today’s entry is a great example of what makes it so … um, great: Bud Selig and Jeff Berry saying in The Dugout what everyone else is afraid to say in public: that the reason we’re all so worked up over catcher-collision rules now is because one of the handsome, white marketable catchers who plays for a marquee team got hurt and not, like, Ronny Paulino.
To steal a line from the back of a late 80s paperback book lying on my desk, we laugh in self-defense.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40