May 27, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
“The Dugout” has moved around a lot over the years, but it is still my favorite place for faux-chat-room-style-humor. Really, it stands head and shoulders above its competitors in this regard.
Today’s entry is a great example of what makes it so … um, great: Bud Selig and Jeff Berry saying in The Dugout what everyone else is afraid to say in public: that the reason we’re all so worked up over catcher-collision rules now is because one of the handsome, white marketable catchers who plays for a marquee team got hurt and not, like, Ronny Paulino.
To steal a line from the back of a late 80s paperback book lying on my desk, we laugh in self-defense.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17