May 27, 2011, 9:35 AM EST
Commissioner Selig, Hank Aaron, scads of current and former Twins players and thousands of fans turned out at Target Field yesterday for a memorial service for Harmon Killebrew. The details of the service can be read here.
And at the risk of creating isolated dust storms in the vicinity of your computer, I embed for you below Mudcat Grant’s rendition of “What a Wonderful World” with Tony Oliva’s son accompanying him on guitar. Which if you simply described to me as taking place at the service I would be tempted to say “that’s nice” but which, when watching, is pretty moving.
I’m not made of stone here people.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)