May 27, 2011, 9:35 AM EDT
Commissioner Selig, Hank Aaron, scads of current and former Twins players and thousands of fans turned out at Target Field yesterday for a memorial service for Harmon Killebrew. The details of the service can be read here.
And at the risk of creating isolated dust storms in the vicinity of your computer, I embed for you below Mudcat Grant’s rendition of “What a Wonderful World” with Tony Oliva’s son accompanying him on guitar. Which if you simply described to me as taking place at the service I would be tempted to say “that’s nice” but which, when watching, is pretty moving.
I’m not made of stone here people.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)