May 27, 2011, 9:35 AM EDT
Commissioner Selig, Hank Aaron, scads of current and former Twins players and thousands of fans turned out at Target Field yesterday for a memorial service for Harmon Killebrew. The details of the service can be read here.
And at the risk of creating isolated dust storms in the vicinity of your computer, I embed for you below Mudcat Grant’s rendition of “What a Wonderful World” with Tony Oliva’s son accompanying him on guitar. Which if you simply described to me as taking place at the service I would be tempted to say “that’s nice” but which, when watching, is pretty moving.
I’m not made of stone here people.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)