May 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
As expected, the Indians have activated Grady Sizemore from the disabled list after the center fielder missed two weeks with a right knee contusion.
Not to be confused with Sizemore’s left knee, which is the surgically repaired one that cost him most of last season.
Sizemore was playing very well prior to the two-week DL stint, hitting .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games. Now that he’s back Michael Brantley will shift over to left field with the Austin Kearns-Travis Buck platoon heading to the bench.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)