May 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As expected, the Indians have activated Grady Sizemore from the disabled list after the center fielder missed two weeks with a right knee contusion.
Not to be confused with Sizemore’s left knee, which is the surgically repaired one that cost him most of last season.
Sizemore was playing very well prior to the two-week DL stint, hitting .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games. Now that he’s back Michael Brantley will shift over to left field with the Austin Kearns–Travis Buck platoon heading to the bench.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)