May 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As expected, the Indians have activated Grady Sizemore from the disabled list after the center fielder missed two weeks with a right knee contusion.
Not to be confused with Sizemore’s left knee, which is the surgically repaired one that cost him most of last season.
Sizemore was playing very well prior to the two-week DL stint, hitting .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games. Now that he’s back Michael Brantley will shift over to left field with the Austin Kearns–Travis Buck platoon heading to the bench.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)