May 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As expected, the Indians have activated Grady Sizemore from the disabled list after the center fielder missed two weeks with a right knee contusion.
Not to be confused with Sizemore’s left knee, which is the surgically repaired one that cost him most of last season.
Sizemore was playing very well prior to the two-week DL stint, hitting .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games. Now that he’s back Michael Brantley will shift over to left field with the Austin Kearns-Travis Buck platoon heading to the bench.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)