May 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As expected, the Indians have activated Grady Sizemore from the disabled list after the center fielder missed two weeks with a right knee contusion.
Not to be confused with Sizemore’s left knee, which is the surgically repaired one that cost him most of last season.
Sizemore was playing very well prior to the two-week DL stint, hitting .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games. Now that he’s back Michael Brantley will shift over to left field with the Austin Kearns–Travis Buck platoon heading to the bench.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)