May 27, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
The most famous of the trio, former White Sox center fielder Brian Anderson, got let go by the Yankees today. Anderson, who had been on the DL since May 2, was released despite opening the year with a 1.17 ERA and a 9/1 K/BB ratio in 7 2/3 innings for Double-A Trenton.
One figures he’ll be picked back up once healthy
The Red Sox earlier ths week released Ryan Harvey, who was drafted with the sixth overall pick in 2003 by the Cubs (nine spots ahead of Anderson). He made the switch from the outfield to the mound with the Rockies last year, but he never actually got into a game. The Red Sox had kept him at extended spring training since the beginning of the year.
Last, and probably least, is 28-year-old left-hander Miguel Negron, who was let go by the White Sox. The one-time Blue Jays prospect had a 6.27 ERA and a 6/7 K/BB ratio in 8 2/3 innings for low Single-A Kannapolis. He was a first-round pick way back in 2000.
Apparently, the moral of the story is that only infielders and catchers make good pitchers.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)