May 27, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
Hamstring problems led to Hudson’s first DL stint earlier this month and he lasted just seven games before being shut down again.
Hudson has also struggled when healthy enough to be in the Padres’ lineup, hitting just .217 with zero homers and a .604 OPS in 36 games.
Logan Forsythe, who played sparingly while taking Hudson’s spot on the roster the first time around, has been recalled from Triple-A again and is an option at second base along with Alberto Gonzalez and Eric Patterson.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)