May 27, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
Hamstring problems led to Hudson’s first DL stint earlier this month and he lasted just seven games before being shut down again.
Hudson has also struggled when healthy enough to be in the Padres’ lineup, hitting just .217 with zero homers and a .604 OPS in 36 games.
Logan Forsythe, who played sparingly while taking Hudson’s spot on the roster the first time around, has been recalled from Triple-A again and is an option at second base along with Alberto Gonzalez and Eric Patterson.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)