May 27, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey has been diagnosed with a partially torn plantar fascia after injuring himself while covering first base in yesterday’s start.
Dickey is officially listed as day-to-day for now and hasn’t been placed on the disabled list, but Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York reports that he’ll have to avoid any problems during a bullpen session Sunday to be cleared for his next start.
Dickey, who has a 4.50 ERA in 10 starts this season after coming out of nowhere with a 2.84 ERA in 26 starts last year, said: “I feel like it’s just a matter of managing the symptoms and I’ll be out there.”
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8