May 27, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey has been diagnosed with a partially torn plantar fascia after injuring himself while covering first base in yesterday’s start.
Dickey is officially listed as day-to-day for now and hasn’t been placed on the disabled list, but Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York reports that he’ll have to avoid any problems during a bullpen session Sunday to be cleared for his next start.
Dickey, who has a 4.50 ERA in 10 starts this season after coming out of nowhere with a 2.84 ERA in 26 starts last year, said: “I feel like it’s just a matter of managing the symptoms and I’ll be out there.”
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy