May 27, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey has been diagnosed with a partially torn plantar fascia after injuring himself while covering first base in yesterday’s start.
Dickey is officially listed as day-to-day for now and hasn’t been placed on the disabled list, but Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York reports that he’ll have to avoid any problems during a bullpen session Sunday to be cleared for his next start.
Dickey, who has a 4.50 ERA in 10 starts this season after coming out of nowhere with a 2.84 ERA in 26 starts last year, said: “I feel like it’s just a matter of managing the symptoms and I’ll be out there.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)