May 27, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, the Reds put him on the DL. Mike Leake is taking his place.
Reds trainer Paul Lessard told Fay that no surgery will be required and an MRI exam came back “OK.”
However, it sounds like Bailey will probably be placed on the disabled list, which is where he spent the first five weeks of the season with a shoulder impingement.
In between the injuries Bailey built on a solid 2010 showing by going 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 22/5 K/BB ratio in 30 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)