May 27, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, the Reds put him on the DL. Mike Leake is taking his place.
Reds trainer Paul Lessard told Fay that no surgery will be required and an MRI exam came back “OK.”
However, it sounds like Bailey will probably be placed on the disabled list, which is where he spent the first five weeks of the season with a shoulder impingement.
In between the injuries Bailey built on a solid 2010 showing by going 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 22/5 K/BB ratio in 30 innings.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)