May 27, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, the Reds put him on the DL. Mike Leake is taking his place.
Reds trainer Paul Lessard told Fay that no surgery will be required and an MRI exam came back “OK.”
However, it sounds like Bailey will probably be placed on the disabled list, which is where he spent the first five weeks of the season with a shoulder impingement.
In between the injuries Bailey built on a solid 2010 showing by going 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 22/5 K/BB ratio in 30 innings.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 338
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 51
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (134)