May 27, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, the Reds put him on the DL. Mike Leake is taking his place.
Reds trainer Paul Lessard told Fay that no surgery will be required and an MRI exam came back “OK.”
However, it sounds like Bailey will probably be placed on the disabled list, which is where he spent the first five weeks of the season with a shoulder impingement.
In between the injuries Bailey built on a solid 2010 showing by going 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 22/5 K/BB ratio in 30 innings.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)