May 27, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, the Reds put him on the DL. Mike Leake is taking his place.
Reds trainer Paul Lessard told Fay that no surgery will be required and an MRI exam came back “OK.”
However, it sounds like Bailey will probably be placed on the disabled list, which is where he spent the first five weeks of the season with a shoulder impingement.
In between the injuries Bailey built on a solid 2010 showing by going 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 22/5 K/BB ratio in 30 innings.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 60
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)