May 28, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Bailey threw 13 pitches in a one-inning rehab appearance Friday evening at Triple-A Sacramento. He allowed two hits but zero runs.
The 26-year-old righty has not pitched in a major league game yet this season because of a forearm strain that he suffered in the middle of March.
Brian Fuentes has saved nine games in Bailey’s absence, but hasn’t exactly been the most reliable option for the last-place Athletics. He’s sporting a 1-7 record, 5.06 ERA and 1.41 WHIP through his first 21 1/3 innings this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 37
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 95
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (95)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)