May 28, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Bailey threw 13 pitches in a one-inning rehab appearance Friday evening at Triple-A Sacramento. He allowed two hits but zero runs.
The 26-year-old righty has not pitched in a major league game yet this season because of a forearm strain that he suffered in the middle of March.
Brian Fuentes has saved nine games in Bailey’s absence, but hasn’t exactly been the most reliable option for the last-place Athletics. He’s sporting a 1-7 record, 5.06 ERA and 1.41 WHIP through his first 21 1/3 innings this season.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)