May 28, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Bailey threw 13 pitches in a one-inning rehab appearance Friday evening at Triple-A Sacramento. He allowed two hits but zero runs.
The 26-year-old righty has not pitched in a major league game yet this season because of a forearm strain that he suffered in the middle of March.
Brian Fuentes has saved nine games in Bailey’s absence, but hasn’t exactly been the most reliable option for the last-place Athletics. He’s sporting a 1-7 record, 5.06 ERA and 1.41 WHIP through his first 21 1/3 innings this season.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)