May 28, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Bailey threw 13 pitches in a one-inning rehab appearance Friday evening at Triple-A Sacramento. He allowed two hits but zero runs.
The 26-year-old righty has not pitched in a major league game yet this season because of a forearm strain that he suffered in the middle of March.
Brian Fuentes has saved nine games in Bailey’s absence, but hasn’t exactly been the most reliable option for the last-place Athletics. He’s sporting a 1-7 record, 5.06 ERA and 1.41 WHIP through his first 21 1/3 innings this season.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 47
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)