May 28, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
The only thing that can slow Corey Hart down? His immune system, apparently.
According to Audrey Snyder of MLB.com, Hart is out of the starting lineup for today’s game against the Giants due to illness.
Hart is batting .311/.373/.623 with a .996 OPS over his last 16 games. He has four home runs and nine RBI in 17 plate appearances this week after entering Monday’s action with zero homers and one RBI over his first 81 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 10
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 37
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)