May 28, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
UPDATE, 9:14 PM: Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos just ended the no-hit bid with a double in the eighth inning. Swarzak threw 7 1/3 no-hit frames.
9:03 PM: We’ve got a no-hitter alert in Minnesota.
He has walked two and struck out four with a pitch count of 94 heading into the eighth.
Swarzak is making a spot start for Francisco Liriano, who had to be scratched due to shoulder soreness.
Jered Weaver is also pitching well for Anaheim and has held the Twins scoreless through eight. It’s 0-0.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 0
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)