May 28, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
UPDATE, 9:14 PM: Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos just ended the no-hit bid with a double in the eighth inning. Swarzak threw 7 1/3 no-hit frames.
9:03 PM: We’ve got a no-hitter alert in Minnesota.
He has walked two and struck out four with a pitch count of 94 heading into the eighth.
Swarzak is making a spot start for Francisco Liriano, who had to be scratched due to shoulder soreness.
Jered Weaver is also pitching well for Anaheim and has held the Twins scoreless through eight. It’s 0-0.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)