May 28, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
UPDATE, 9:14 PM: Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos just ended the no-hit bid with a double in the eighth inning. Swarzak threw 7 1/3 no-hit frames.
9:03 PM: We’ve got a no-hitter alert in Minnesota.
He has walked two and struck out four with a pitch count of 94 heading into the eighth.
Swarzak is making a spot start for Francisco Liriano, who had to be scratched due to shoulder soreness.
Jered Weaver is also pitching well for Anaheim and has held the Twins scoreless through eight. It’s 0-0.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)