May 28, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
UPDATE, 9:14 PM: Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos just ended the no-hit bid with a double in the eighth inning. Swarzak threw 7 1/3 no-hit frames.
9:03 PM: We’ve got a no-hitter alert in Minnesota.
He has walked two and struck out four with a pitch count of 94 heading into the eighth.
Swarzak is making a spot start for Francisco Liriano, who had to be scratched due to shoulder soreness.
Jered Weaver is also pitching well for Anaheim and has held the Twins scoreless through eight. It’s 0-0.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 14
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (206)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)