May 29, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated right-hander Andrew Bailey from the 15-day disabled list and will have him available out of the bullpen for Sunday afternoon’s game against the Orioles.
Bailey missed the first two months of the regular season after suffering a forearm strain in the middle of spring training. Brian Fuentes has filled in at closer for the A’s and will continue to get ninth inning chances for another week until Bailey proves capable of handling back-to-back relief appearances.
Bailey, 26, finished with a 1.47 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 25 saves in 49 innings last season for the A’s. He registered a 1.84 ERA and 26 saves as a rookie closer in 2009. Oakland is certainly glad to have him back.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)