May 29, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
As expected, the A’s have activated right-hander Andrew Bailey from the 15-day disabled list and will have him available out of the bullpen for Sunday afternoon’s game against the Orioles.
Bailey missed the first two months of the regular season after suffering a forearm strain in the middle of spring training. Brian Fuentes has filled in at closer for the A’s and will continue to get ninth inning chances for another week until Bailey proves capable of handling back-to-back relief appearances.
Bailey, 26, finished with a 1.47 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 25 saves in 49 innings last season for the A’s. He registered a 1.84 ERA and 26 saves as a rookie closer in 2009. Oakland is certainly glad to have him back.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)