May 29, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated right-hander Andrew Bailey from the 15-day disabled list and will have him available out of the bullpen for Sunday afternoon’s game against the Orioles.
Bailey missed the first two months of the regular season after suffering a forearm strain in the middle of spring training. Brian Fuentes has filled in at closer for the A’s and will continue to get ninth inning chances for another week until Bailey proves capable of handling back-to-back relief appearances.
Bailey, 26, finished with a 1.47 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 25 saves in 49 innings last season for the A’s. He registered a 1.84 ERA and 26 saves as a rookie closer in 2009. Oakland is certainly glad to have him back.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)