May 29, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated right-hander Andrew Bailey from the 15-day disabled list and will have him available out of the bullpen for Sunday afternoon’s game against the Orioles.
Bailey missed the first two months of the regular season after suffering a forearm strain in the middle of spring training. Brian Fuentes has filled in at closer for the A’s and will continue to get ninth inning chances for another week until Bailey proves capable of handling back-to-back relief appearances.
Bailey, 26, finished with a 1.47 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 25 saves in 49 innings last season for the A’s. He registered a 1.84 ERA and 26 saves as a rookie closer in 2009. Oakland is certainly glad to have him back.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)