May 29, 2011, 6:08 PM EDT
Posey also had three torn ligaments in his left ankle repaired by Giants physicians.
He is slated to have a second surgery in 8-10 weeks to remove the hardware from his ankle.
When asked if Posey would be ready for Opening Day, Groescher responded: “I would think so. I think it’s a good prognosis.”
With Posey out, the Giants are currently going with Eli Whiteside as their starting catcher. They were shut out by the Brewers on Sunday, losing for the third time in four games since Posey went down.
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)