May 29, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
SATURDAY: Red Sox setup man Daniel Bard asked reporters today for their assistance in spreading the word in an effort to find his childhood friend Matt Hill, who was last seen in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday.
A Facebook page, Find Matt Hill, has been set up with the details.
The 26-year-old Hill, a groomsman in Bard’s wedding, grew up with Bard in North Carolina. Bard called his disappearance “extremely out of character.”
Police are also searching for Hill’s car, a 1996 black Honda CX with a D.C. license plate: DT-2747.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)