May 29, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
SATURDAY: Red Sox setup man Daniel Bard asked reporters today for their assistance in spreading the word in an effort to find his childhood friend Matt Hill, who was last seen in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday.
A Facebook page, Find Matt Hill, has been set up with the details.
The 26-year-old Hill, a groomsman in Bard’s wedding, grew up with Bard in North Carolina. Bard called his disappearance “extremely out of character.”
Police are also searching for Hill’s car, a 1996 black Honda CX with a D.C. license plate: DT-2747.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (221)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)