May 29, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
SATURDAY: Red Sox setup man Daniel Bard asked reporters today for their assistance in spreading the word in an effort to find his childhood friend Matt Hill, who was last seen in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday.
A Facebook page, Find Matt Hill, has been set up with the details.
The 26-year-old Hill, a groomsman in Bard’s wedding, grew up with Bard in North Carolina. Bard called his disappearance “extremely out of character.”
Police are also searching for Hill’s car, a 1996 black Honda CX with a D.C. license plate: DT-2747.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 76
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (189)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)