May 29, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Seeking to pull his third baseman out of a slump, manager Joe Maddon shifted Evan Longoria to the leadoff spot in the order Saturday. He went 2-for-4 with a homer and a walk his first game there and then went 2-for-3 with a double and two walks Sunday in a 7-0 win over the Indians.
Jeremy Hellickson blanked the tribe for seven innings to earn his fifth win in six starts. He’s a prime Rookie of the Year contender with a 6-3 record and a 2.80 ERA this season.
Longoria was just 6-for-45 with one RBI in 12 games before moving up in the lineup Saturday. He’s reached base seven times since.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)