May 29, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Seeking to pull his third baseman out of a slump, manager Joe Maddon shifted Evan Longoria to the leadoff spot in the order Saturday. He went 2-for-4 with a homer and a walk his first game there and then went 2-for-3 with a double and two walks Sunday in a 7-0 win over the Indians.
Jeremy Hellickson blanked the tribe for seven innings to earn his fifth win in six starts. He’s a prime Rookie of the Year contender with a 6-3 record and a 2.80 ERA this season.
Longoria was just 6-for-45 with one RBI in 12 games before moving up in the lineup Saturday. He’s reached base seven times since.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)