May 29, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
7:40 p.m. EDT: The Pirates are calling the injury a sprained left ankle. No timetable was given for his return.
The Pirates’ Ryan Doumit, who might be one of the candidates to step into Buster Posey‘s shoes in San Francisco, left Sunday’s game against the Cubs with an apparent knee injury following a collision with Carlos Pena at home plate.
This one wasn’t nearly as scary as Posey’s. But Doumit did have his left leg planted as Pena slid into the plate at home and it looked like he might have suffered a hyperextended knee.
After trying to walk it off for a couple of minutes, he was replaced in the game by Chris Snyder. Doumit is likely day-to-day.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)