May 29, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
7:40 p.m. EDT: The Pirates are calling the injury a sprained left ankle. No timetable was given for his return.
The Pirates’ Ryan Doumit, who might be one of the candidates to step into Buster Posey‘s shoes in San Francisco, left Sunday’s game against the Cubs with an apparent knee injury following a collision with Carlos Pena at home plate.
This one wasn’t nearly as scary as Posey’s. But Doumit did have his left leg planted as Pena slid into the plate at home and it looked like he might have suffered a hyperextended knee.
After trying to walk it off for a couple of minutes, he was replaced in the game by Chris Snyder. Doumit is likely day-to-day.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 5
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)