May 29, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
7:40 p.m. EDT: The Pirates are calling the injury a sprained left ankle. No timetable was given for his return.
The Pirates’ Ryan Doumit, who might be one of the candidates to step into Buster Posey‘s shoes in San Francisco, left Sunday’s game against the Cubs with an apparent knee injury following a collision with Carlos Pena at home plate.
This one wasn’t nearly as scary as Posey’s. But Doumit did have his left leg planted as Pena slid into the plate at home and it looked like he might have suffered a hyperextended knee.
After trying to walk it off for a couple of minutes, he was replaced in the game by Chris Snyder. Doumit is likely day-to-day.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 42
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 108
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (115)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)