May 29, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
7:40 p.m. EDT: The Pirates are calling the injury a sprained left ankle. No timetable was given for his return.
The Pirates’ Ryan Doumit, who might be one of the candidates to step into Buster Posey‘s shoes in San Francisco, left Sunday’s game against the Cubs with an apparent knee injury following a collision with Carlos Pena at home plate.
This one wasn’t nearly as scary as Posey’s. But Doumit did have his left leg planted as Pena slid into the plate at home and it looked like he might have suffered a hyperextended knee.
After trying to walk it off for a couple of minutes, he was replaced in the game by Chris Snyder. Doumit is likely day-to-day.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)