May 29, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
7:40 p.m. EDT: The Pirates are calling the injury a sprained left ankle. No timetable was given for his return.
The Pirates’ Ryan Doumit, who might be one of the candidates to step into Buster Posey‘s shoes in San Francisco, left Sunday’s game against the Cubs with an apparent knee injury following a collision with Carlos Pena at home plate.
This one wasn’t nearly as scary as Posey’s. But Doumit did have his left leg planted as Pena slid into the plate at home and it looked like he might have suffered a hyperextended knee.
After trying to walk it off for a couple of minutes, he was replaced in the game by Chris Snyder. Doumit is likely day-to-day.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 118
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)