May 29, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo tossed eight scoreless innings to become baseball’s fourth seven-game winner as the Brewers beat the Giants 6-0 on Sunday.
With Gallardo had 109 pitches, manager Ron Roenicke declined to let him go for his second shutout of the season. LaTroy Hawkins finished up with a scoreless ninth.
The Giants have been shut out twice and scored a total of seven runs while losing three out of four games since Buster Posey suffered a season-ending ankle injury. They gave Brandon Belt his first start today, and he went 1-for-3 while batting sixth. All six of the team’s hits were singles.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)