May 29, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo tossed eight scoreless innings to become baseball’s fourth seven-game winner as the Brewers beat the Giants 6-0 on Sunday.
With Gallardo had 109 pitches, manager Ron Roenicke declined to let him go for his second shutout of the season. LaTroy Hawkins finished up with a scoreless ninth.
The Giants have been shut out twice and scored a total of seven runs while losing three out of four games since Buster Posey suffered a season-ending ankle injury. They gave Brandon Belt his first start today, and he went 1-for-3 while batting sixth. All six of the team’s hits were singles.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 7
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 87
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)