May 29, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo tossed eight scoreless innings to become baseball’s fourth seven-game winner as the Brewers beat the Giants 6-0 on Sunday.
With Gallardo had 109 pitches, manager Ron Roenicke declined to let him go for his second shutout of the season. LaTroy Hawkins finished up with a scoreless ninth.
The Giants have been shut out twice and scored a total of seven runs while losing three out of four games since Buster Posey suffered a season-ending ankle injury. They gave Brandon Belt his first start today, and he went 1-for-3 while batting sixth. All six of the team’s hits were singles.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)