May 30, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Initially the Mets were hopeful that Davis could return when eligible to come off the disabled list in two weeks, but he’s already been out for three weeks and hasn’t even been able to do any running yet except when using an underwater treadmill.
Daniel Murphy has started 15 of 16 games at first base in Davis’ absence and has hit relatively well with a .276 batting average and .775 OPS, but that can’t compare to Davis hitting .302 with a .925 OPS in 36 games prior to the injury.
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 9
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 345
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (345)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (171)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)