May 30, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Initially the Mets were hopeful that Davis could return when eligible to come off the disabled list in two weeks, but he’s already been out for three weeks and hasn’t even been able to do any running yet except when using an underwater treadmill.
Daniel Murphy has started 15 of 16 games at first base in Davis’ absence and has hit relatively well with a .276 batting average and .775 OPS, but that can’t compare to Davis hitting .302 with a .925 OPS in 36 games prior to the injury.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final