May 30, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Initially the Mets were hopeful that Davis could return when eligible to come off the disabled list in two weeks, but he’s already been out for three weeks and hasn’t even been able to do any running yet except when using an underwater treadmill.
Daniel Murphy has started 15 of 16 games at first base in Davis’ absence and has hit relatively well with a .276 batting average and .775 OPS, but that can’t compare to Davis hitting .302 with a .925 OPS in 36 games prior to the injury.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)