May 30, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Initially the Mets were hopeful that Davis could return when eligible to come off the disabled list in two weeks, but he’s already been out for three weeks and hasn’t even been able to do any running yet except when using an underwater treadmill.
Daniel Murphy has started 15 of 16 games at first base in Davis’ absence and has hit relatively well with a .276 batting average and .775 OPS, but that can’t compare to Davis hitting .302 with a .925 OPS in 36 games prior to the injury.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)