May 30, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Initially the Mets were hopeful that Davis could return when eligible to come off the disabled list in two weeks, but he’s already been out for three weeks and hasn’t even been able to do any running yet except when using an underwater treadmill.
Daniel Murphy has started 15 of 16 games at first base in Davis’ absence and has hit relatively well with a .276 batting average and .775 OPS, but that can’t compare to Davis hitting .302 with a .925 OPS in 36 games prior to the injury.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)