May 30, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Jose Reyes will miss the next 3 to 7 days after the Mets placed him on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother in the Dominican Republic, Adam Rubin reports. The Mets have not yet added anyone to the 25 man roster to take his place during that time.
The Mets start off a four-game series at home against the Pirates tonight and then host the Braves next weekend. Reyes is hitting .335/.382/.493 on the year.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)