May 30, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
Jose Reyes will miss the next 3 to 7 days after the Mets placed him on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother in the Dominican Republic, Adam Rubin reports. The Mets have not yet added anyone to the 25 man roster to take his place during that time.
The Mets start off a four-game series at home against the Pirates tonight and then host the Braves next weekend. Reyes is hitting .335/.382/.493 on the year.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (181)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)