May 30, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Jose Reyes will miss the next 3 to 7 days after the Mets placed him on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother in the Dominican Republic, Adam Rubin reports. The Mets have not yet added anyone to the 25 man roster to take his place during that time.
The Mets start off a four-game series at home against the Pirates tonight and then host the Braves next weekend. Reyes is hitting .335/.382/.493 on the year.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)