May 30, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Holliday also missed seven games in early April after undergoing an emergency appendectomy, but has been fantastic when in the lineup, hitting .347 with six homers, 13 doubles, and a .993 OPS in 42 games.
He ranks among the National League’s top three in batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging percentage, picking up the slack amid the worst start of Albert Pujols‘ career.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)