May 30, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Holliday also missed seven games in early April after undergoing an emergency appendectomy, but has been fantastic when in the lineup, hitting .347 with six homers, 13 doubles, and a .993 OPS in 42 games.
He ranks among the National League’s top three in batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging percentage, picking up the slack amid the worst start of Albert Pujols‘ career.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1